I’m home with a sick kid. Again. All four family members have had strep in the last week. Before that it was sinus infections, and there’s no telling what will come next. Good health habits are foundational to lifelong healthiness as a family. As we approach cold, flu, and sicnkess seasons, here are some Momfessions tips to keep your family on the up and up. (These are nothing new, but we all need to evaluate our health habits from time to time!)
- Think about what you’re eating. Are you packing in lots of vitamins and nutrients with each meal? Try to eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies every day.
- Get moving! You might not ever run a marathon, but get outside walking three or four times a week… Don’t know how to start? Start easy, but do start!
- Get enough quality sleep each night.
- Wash your hands. A lot. After using the bathroom, before and after eating, after being outside, after changing diapers, before cooking…
- Eat chocolate. That’s right folks– I’m not one to argue with science.