* Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers: Oh. my. word. This is my all-time favorite book. I’ve read it every year since my junior year of college. Love it!
* Mark of the Lion Triology by Francine Rivers: A great story– these books would make a terrific gift to any book-loving woman who loves historical fiction.
* The Bourne Trilogy by Robert Ludlum: These are Hubby recommended. He warns that they are nothing like the movies, so read them as such!
* Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg: My absolute favorite baby how-to book. This woman speaks to my kind of parenting– I’m somewhere in between Attachment Parenting and Babywise. I love this book because before I read it I didn’t know you could be in-between AP and BW. Great gift for new or expecting mothers!
* Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose: One of Hubby’s picks. I’ve never read it!
* My Very Own Name personalized storybook: Both of my kids have one of these and they are such a perfect gift! How neat that a real book is all about animals bringing the letters to spell your own name?! Click here to see a virtual book tour on the website. So cool, and helpful when your child is learning to spell their name!
* The Jesus Storybook Bible: I cannot say enough good things about this childrens’ Bible. It is a “storybook” Bible, so it’s not word-for-word, but each story is told with a emphasis on the coming Messiah (Old Testament) and the sent Messiah (New Testament). The words are stunningly beautiful, and I want to cry when Ladybug curls up in her Daddy’s lap and asks him to read her the Bible.
* Olivia by Ian Falconer
* Llama, Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
* If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Numeroff
* ESV Study Bible: I gave this to Hubs last year and he loves it. It had just come out last Christmas, so it’s only about a year old. I’ve heard great things about it though, and I love the English Standard Version anyway.
* Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper: Great and totally convicting book!
* Daily Light: A sweet daily devotional that is purely Scripture. I got this book as a gift recently, and it’s perfect encouragement from the Word of God. Each day has a theme and all the Scripture listed relate to the theme. It’s a great gift!
* Don’t Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman: My favorite parenting resource. This is how Hubby and I seek to train our children in righteousness. Perfect for Christian parents with toddlers or preschoolers.
* Wise Words for Moms by Ginger Plowman: Companion and reference guide to Don’t Make Me Count to Three. Very handy and very helpful!
OK, there are some of my favorite gift ideas for book lovers– who’s next? Tell all your great ideas for gifts FOR THE BOOK LOVER on your blog, then come back to Momfessions, and click below where it says “MckLinky”. Enter your name and the link to your gift idea post. Don’t forget, each time you link up a gift ideas post this week, you’re entered to win one of the awesome giveaways!
(Check here for carnival guidelines.)