- I left my kids today (and Tuesday and Wednesday) from 8:30am until 2:30pm with a babysitter to attend a spiritual gifts/team building seminar– I totally had great energy to parent from when I came back until bedtime! Usually I am dwindling in strength and patience around dinnertime, but tonight I made it all the way to bedtime with plenty of enthusiasm for reading stories, singing the brush teeth song I’ve made up, and praying/singing/tucking everyone into bed.
- I am finding it really interesting to see how my personality/spiritual gifts test results came out– very accurate and informative! Since we operate on a “team” here, it’s also very intriguing to see how other people’s interests/strengths/weaknesses/gifts/talents come out. Am I a total geek?
- We ate dinner on the balcony tonight– the weather is ah-mazingly perfect. I am enjoying to sunshine and warmth, but dreading the heat that is surely coming!
- Some awesome friends are coming all the way over the ocean to visit us next week (and bring American goodies like Almond Hershey Kisses and Goldfish!) I am so looking forward to their visit!
- Bug #3 is thirteen weeks old today. I’m pretty certain we’re not finding out the sex this go ’round. Some days I think oooo I get a snuggly newborn again! And some days it’s more like am I completely nutso for having another newborn? (I think that’s normal though?)
- Next week I will turn 27. I realize in the grand scheme of aging, this is still relatively young, but some moments I looks at my life and cannot believe all the adventure and fun I have been able to squeeze into 27 years. And then I think– I have a husband and two (and a half) kids, and I’ve moved across the planet, and I live in my own house and cook and clean and pay bills… dang! I’m old. The first I’m-getting-close-to-thirty sign? My hands. They are starting to get kinda wrinkly. And not soft. I do keep them pretty busy wiping bums and noses and counters and floors and crumbs and tables and spills, maybe I need to invest in a good moisturizer? Suggestions welcome!