I was ready to adopt, Hubby was ready to adopt. It was time to let our families know.
Living overseas puts us in a weird predicament when breaking news to people we love. Do we call? Skype? Email? Snail Mail? Facebook? Tweet it? Blog it?
We decided to compose a letter letting our families know of our plans…and emailed it out.
- So we can better understand our own adoption into God’s family.
- To show that our family is undeniably pro-life by rescuing a life that was born and not aborted.
- So that we can give God the glory when He provides the resources needed for the adoption of a little girl.
- To bring a life into our home to share everything with, especially the Gospel of Jesus. To raise another child to be a lover of God and a disciple of Christ.
- To save a little girl who would otherwise live a life of poverty. To give her a home, a hope, a future, a family.
- To set an example (for God’s glory) to other believers that caring for the orphan and the widow is true, undefiled religion and is necessary for followers of Christ.
- To open up spiritual conversations with unbelievers about why we choose/chose to adopt.
Big news always seems a little more official after you tell someone. And our families are great big news-getters! They have exclaimed and laughed with joy after each pregnancy announcement, and the adoption announcement was no different!
Truly, I don’t think there exists parents who more dearly love, support, and encourage their children than ours. They are straight from God and an absolute joy to call Mom and Dad (and Mom and Dad!)
So, now someone else knew. It was time to take the next step.
To be continued…